Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Speed Record Broken - 1926

Harry Baker broke the Speed Record on a Brough Superior Motorcycle near Kalgoorlie, Western Ausralia in 1926. The Sunbeam Motorcycle was also in the race on Lake Perkolilli. Sylvia tagged along and recorded the event of which, I can faithfully write in this moment of time. The Cup is housed along with Harry's portrait in the Kalgoorlie/Boulder Library. I drove from Bruce Rock just to get these two local history items housed at the Library because I knew, community Interest into their own town would spark excitement. I am glad that they have both items and I encourage readers worldwide to build and preserve as much of the past as you can. Not everything has a monetary price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reading my Blog-Post.