Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Captain Harry Baker

Harry flew with A.N.A. and he also flew the Skywalker aircraft on the First Innagural trans-pacific-flight after peace time. His own plane the "Klemm" was used for the perth to kalgoorlie mail run. Harry fitted floats on his plane flying over to Rottnest Island but Woods got the creditation according to Sylvia, my wife and Harry's sister. Harry flew out from Perth to rescue Paddy Whelan who was searching for Lasseter's Reef a gold stream. Landing roughly on a salt lake, his plane crashed ending up in a belly-flop. Using local tree vines he repaired his plane and brought paddy safely back to Perth. This portrait was hand painted by Sylvia and along with a Cup Harry won in 1926, I donated both to the Kalgoorlie/Kambalda Public Library in the same year of 2008 after I lost Sylvia. Watch out for Harry's motorcycle Cup Image, that is another story to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reading my Blog-Post.